Matthew Guiney, Controller
Matt is the Controller at the firm where he is responsible for accounting, reporting, tax and analysis for the partnership as well as reporting and analysis related to the portfolio companies.
Prior to joining the Flybridge in 2009, Matt spent six years in the alternative products group at PricewaterhouseCoopers where he specialized in venture capital and private equity auditing. During his time there, he led audit teams at flagship clients such as Bain Capital and managed the audits, client relationships and profitability of his engagements as well as the professional development of staff. Additionally, he contributed to PwC’s thought leadership in the area of alternative investments and developed courses on partnership accounting and tax issues, fair value standards, and investment structures. Prior to PwC, Matt spent two years at Babson Capital serving in a variety of accounting and finance roles.
Matt graduated cum laude from Northeastern University and is a Certified Public Accountant.
- On Matt's bucket list: go skydiving, write a book, restore a classic car
- If Matt wasn't a controller, he'd be an architect
- When Matt was little, he wanted to be a cowboy
- Matt's favorite non business book is The Hobbit
- First thing Matt reads every morning is There’s a Wocket in my Pocket, a Dr. Seuss book, to his one year old son
For a more detailed bio, please click here.