David Aronoff, General Partner
SaaS, cloud, mobile, data analytics, video and information security sectors
CHiL Semiconductor (acquired by International Rectifier)
Crashlytics (acquired by Twitter)
JouleX (acquired by Cisco)
MOBIVOX (acquired by SabSe)
T2 Biosystems (TTOO)
David is a General Partner at the firm whose investment interests and experience include the SaaS, cloud, mobile, data analytics, video and information security sectors. David currently manages the firm's New York City office. Prior to joining the firm in June 2005, David spent nearly a decade focusing on early-stage investing at Greylock Partners and held management roles at Chipcom, an enterprise network equipment vendor where he led development efforts in Ethernet bridges, switches and routers. While working full-time on his MBA, David co-founded the Attitude Network (acquired by TheGlobe.com), an Internet content startup with the top two game sites of the day, HappyPuppy.com and GamesDomain.com. Earlier in his career he held technical positions at Bell Labs where he developed secure network systems.
David holds a BS in Computer Science from the University of Vermont, cum laude and with college honors, an MS in Computer Engineering from the University of Southern California, and an MBA with Distinction from Harvard Business School.
Blog: Diary of a Geek VC
- On David's bucket list: Finish his bucket playlist (currently 323 songs) to be played start to finish during the period of mourning, attend all four tennis grand slam finals in the same year, bungee jump (and live to tell), discover water on Venus (needs to have something to extend his life indefinitely)
- David's favorite non-business book: To Kill a Mockingbird
- When David was a kid, he wanted to be an astronaut
- First thing David reads every morning is the Wall Street Journal or a Syrup bottle
- If David weren't a VC, he'd be an engineer
For a more detailed bio, please click here.